Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter :] I hope you all enjoyed your holiday and spent it with loved ones.  I just finished my Spring Break so I am a bit tired from going back to school today.  I missed the kids though and my set schedule [now I can try to eat healthier!]
 
Cute bunny picture found on www.cutenessoverflow.com 
 
I want to share first that right before my spring break, we had such a special visitor at our school.  Sweet Hudson [the Railroad Puppy] who was in an "accident" with his sweet brother and sister.  Hudson has a prosthetic leg and will live with that for the rest of his life.  To read more about his story, please visit his facebook page, as I do not know who my audience is and I do not want to reveal any information that is too much for children :]
Hudson and his daddy Mr. Nash make visits all over the area and all he asks is for donations to our local Mohawk Humane Society.  Look at all the donations that my wonderful school provided.  And they kept pouring in! I love animals so much and to be able to share that love and show our children how wonderful of a dog Hudson is meant the world to us.  It teaches children about disabilities and I love that they were so accepting with lots of caring questions to ask Hudson!  
 

My students are developing so much in their reading and writing.  I am so proud of them!  Here are their sneaky E puppets that they made before break too :] We are going to start working on a lot of sneaky E words to reinforce the short vs. long vowel sounds!

If you haven't checked it out, you HAVE to look into Deanna Jump and Deedee Wills' Writing Units for Kindergarten... very worth money, and can be used year after year for your students.  Here is an anchor chart that the students still love referring to with how to writings. :] I love to see themselves as young writers and writing about what interests them!

 I also have to share our bulletin board with our Rainforest animals... this freebie can be found HERE and there are so many different ways you can use it! I decided to have each student focus on one part of the rainforest and research it.  They all went by the type of animals that lived there, and LOVED it!

Enjoy your week :] I hope to have a BIG giveaway sometime soon... follow me here and on my facebook page to stay updated!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post! You have such adorable ideas. I went back to work today and it was tough waking up early again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for your comment!! I am a new follower of you :)

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)