Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fun Way to Book Shop

Happy Summer! I am already thinking about "bright ideas" for back to school - how can we not, they are all over the place ;) 
A cheap and fun way for students to book shop is with... book bags! Not the book bags you put on your back, but the cute little shopping bags that you can find in Target and other stores near you (I got "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "One Fish, Two Fish.." at Target for only $1 each!)
My students use these books during Daily 5, but you can incorporate them into any of your literacy blocks.  After talking about good fit books, the students are able to exchange their books weekly.  Especially with the little ones, they find it so much fun to use these bags and book shop! I let them do it a couple at a time, and with consistency and modeling, they quietly select books that they will enjoy and read for the week, while putting their other books back.  
 
 I use the little hooks like these and they will hold forever since the bags are so light :) I also recommend making a schedule for your children so they know when their book shopping day is!
Thank you so much for reading about my bright idea :) If you would like to stay in touch with me, please consider following me xo
My Blog
My TPT Store
Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter

Click below for more bright ideas ranging in all different topics and grade levels! Keep enjoying your summer, and remember to do things for you!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! I need to get some of these bags. Thanks for the great idea!

    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)