Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Character Education

Hello all! How is your year going?  Character education is something that is very important at my school.  We have Assembly each day where we meet as a school to talk about the character trait of the month.  Each week, each teacher takes turns teaching a character trait for the whole week, and then at the end of the week, we do star student.  Do you do star of the week in your class?  I change it up every round of star students with a new "special treat" - this round has been writing a book for the star student with wonderful compliments and messages! Some of our character traits that we teach the children about are respect, patience, kindness, perseverance, and responsibility, just to name a few.
I wanted to write to you about a wonderful series that I have discovered... The Wiblets!  We have the book "Demanding Dudley" and absolutely love it.  It sends the message about being appreciative and having patience and respect for things that you want - and by doing this, EVERYONE is happy!
 Here are a few preview pages :) It highlights in bold important words like appreciate, kindness, and smile!
 This is the chart that my Kindergarten and First grade friends came up with about the main idea of the story - I think they got a great message!
 Two students also wanted to draw Demanding Dudley during their free time, and I think they did a wonderful job (they were also excited to be featured on my blog!)


I can't wait to venture more into the Wiblets series.
What do you do for character education? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)