I am linking up with Melissa from Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late with 7 things that I am lucky and blessed to have. Today was a wonderful day with my family and Mike with some yummy corned beef and cabbage! I wish you all a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!
1. My wonderful, beautiful family - I was adopted at 3 months old from South Korea and I have the best family a person could ask for. I am beyond lucky to have my mom, my dad, my sister, and all of my immediate and outside family members... that also includes Mike's family because they treat me like family as well. I am so very blessed! Here's a picture of me on Easter when I was little :]
2. My supportive and caring boyfriend, Michael - We have been together a little over 3 years, and rarely have we had our ups and downs, but it's been basically like a beautiful ride through life. I enjoy his company very much and he is my best friend. I couldn't ask for anything more!
3. My pets - I have had so many pets throughout my life - dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, and fish - and I have loved each and every one of them. Right now I have a pug Zoey who is 2 years old (at my parents house but I still feel she is mine) and a hamster Pancake who is about 1 years old. Animals bring so much joy to my life!!
4. I am lucky to have the most amazing friends... they bring out the best in me, and my true friends are just everything I need. I am most comfortable with my truest of friends (including my boyfriend of course) and it's great not to be judged. Here is a picture of me and two of my very best friends, Jamie (right) and Valerie (left).
5. My students and children that I have taught over the years - I have had so many classes and groups that I have worked with, and they have given me so much happiness and laughs. K-12, all ages and personalities, they make my heart sing. I have my group of 3rd and 4th graders this year who are my heart. Doing everything I can, 200% as a teacher, brings me the most satisfaction about making a difference into this world. Here is a picture of me and my coworker, Heather (2nd grade teacher)
6. My health - I only have a few minor health issues (as everyone does) but in general, my health is great. I can breathe freely without any pain and I have my own two legs to walk with. I am very blessed for my health and being pain free (most days) :]
7. My talent of music - No one can ever take that away from me. I learned to play the piano from the age of 7 through high school, and it has been a privilege to teach little children how to play as well.
Link up and tell me what you feel lucky about.. it's really great to think about and reflect why we are truly lucky. I look forward to reading your posts :)