Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Teacher Always Says..

Hello again! Blogging two days in a row.. am I for real?! ;) Tomorrow is my last day of school... sadly [I know, I'm crazy.. but I don't want to leave my kiddos!] and I wanted to link up with the lovely Tammy from Forever in First.. she is having her first linky party ever - and a fun one it is!!
I actually had my 3rd and 4th graders help me with some of these... they were so funny about it :]
 You get what you get, and you don't make a fit.. do you know how many times I have said this? It started last year with some of the kids I looped up with.. they know that if you ask and ask and ask, you don't get! ;) They are so cute and use it all the time.  But this was a big one for me!
My kiddos know that if they do something wrong, that it is better to tell me and talk about it then to flat out lie about it.  They know they will get in more trouble if they lie about something, and that I want them to be as honest and fair and kind as possible.
 This is a funny one, but because I have older students that are so helpful, I always ask mail and messenger (among others) to go get papers from the printer for me :)
This one speaks for itself.. and goes along with "You are so cute" or things like that :)
 That's why I'm their favorite teacher ;) Just kidding, but in all seriousness... that's one of the most important things I wanted my kiddos to learn.  That I believe in them, and they need to believe in themselves.
 Another that also speaks for itself... I expect hard work in 3rd and 4th grade, and give it to them I will, but they know I challenge them because I love them!
Hehe, I say this a lot.. I try to stay away from the "Oh my God" (especially being in a Catholic school), so I have said this quite a bit..throughout life, and in my classroom....

Thank you so much for reading... I can't wait to read everyone's teacher sayings :] Have a great day!!



5 comments:

  1. Haha, I always say Oh my lanta! I always think of DJ Tanner from full house when it slips out! =)

    Meg
    Third Grade in the First State

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, thank you so very much for joining my linky. Your kids obviously hear some very important messages from you! Thank you again. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I have the team printer in my room and the kids always ask-did you print that, I'll get it for you! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ask my students to get something from the printer for me too! Love the I Believe in You! They all need someone that believes in them. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too funny! I have kids get things from the printer for me too since we share one for the pod. Thinking about you and the end of the school year:( I know you are on to your other job(s)!! Happy summer though!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)