Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Saturday, October 10, 2015

My 2015-2016 Classroom

Oh my goodness, it has been such a long time since I have blogged... over the past few months, I have worked so hard to make sure I was all ready for my first graders in September.  It has been a crazy, hard-working, and tiring summer but I would not change it for anything.  I got engaged in August and got my dream job teaching first grade :)
Here are some pictures of my classroom, before and after:
 I can remember taking the "before" picture and wanting my classroom to be finished, rushing to buy EVERYTHING I could, print on TPT and laminate, but there was so little time to make it exactly the way I wanted it.  I knew after taking that picture that I would see the progress over the months,  and make it my sweet children's second home.  (And by the way, my kids really are so sweet!)

These photos were taking just before our Back to School Open House night.  I am proud of the organized classroom it has become!
My calendar/reading/meeting area :) 
 Just a few different angles!  You will see in my writing area that I have A Cupcake for the Teacher's wonderful Writing Center Kit! Such a wonderful resource for the kids.

 My job chart has been a huge hit with my students.  I love this template from Primarily Au-Some on TPT - check it out! It also comes in different themes :)
 One of our first units was teaching all about apples.  We read apple books, made apple sauce, and discovered all about the life cycle of an apple tree.
Here are some amazing apple freebies for first grade!

Apple Unit FREEBIES {Interactive and Engaging Activities} {CCSS}

If I Were Johnny Appleseed {Freebie} 

Seasons of an Apple Tree 

Enjoy! Have a wonderful school year and happy fall!

4 comments:

  1. Laura, I've been meaning to tell you how excited I am for you! Your classroom looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Beth! I appreciate it so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your engagement!!...Your room looks GREAT!...I haven't blogged much lately either. I've got to find time to fit it in!..somehow!
    Mrs.Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christy!! :) I am your latest follower!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)