Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Saturday, May 17, 2014

5 Easy Word Work Ideas for Daily 5

I am excited to link up and bring you 5 easy (and inexpensive!) Word Work ideas for Daily 5... The simplest activities can be the most engaging - I hope these can help you out in your classroom!


1. If you head to the dollar store, they usually have cute game boards that can be used with any word work game.  Make a list of words for your children to practice, and with a dice and some buttons/game pieces, your students will have so much fun!

2. My kiddos enjoy magnetic letters and a cookie sheet - making words and sentences has never been so fun for them! I love how this particular set has punctuation marks as well.

3. At the dollar store, I have also found practice dry erase boards for making words and sentences... many ages have fun with dry erase!

4. A lot of word scramble products or ideas are out there for students to practice their sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation.  This is one of my most popular word work choices in my classroom this year (also: different colored dry erase markers makes for fun rainbow words for spelling!)

5. Any type of sight word cards can be turned into an engaging activity for students.  This will help with their sight words and fluency.  If you don't have cards, you can make them out of index cards :] Very fun and easy, and can be used with a game board (see #1) or as a fun matching game!

And a really quick bonus - I found these sets of cards at the dollar store, and my kiddos just LOVE using them for writing during Daily 5 or for special occasions.  It is so touching when they write their loved ones such a sweet note!

I would love if you could stay in touch with me on my blog, facebook, and my TPT store.
Thank you so much for reading about my bright idea!

For more bright ideas, please browse through below by grade level and topics... I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy many new ideas :]

5 comments:

  1. Love these ideas. I always forget about pulling out my magnetic letters. I am going to do that on Monday. The kids love them. How fun that your students write cards to their loved ones in the writing center. That is beyond sweet. :)
    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Amanda!! :) :) I appreciate you coming on over to comment on my little old blog! You're a great teacher :)

      Delete
  2. Great ideas! I think teachers need to have their own chain of Dollar Stores! :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, and definitely... it would be AMAZING and with our input, we could rule the world ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the idea. If you have a chance, visit this new site: Created by Teachers, Exclusively for Teachers

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)