Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Monday, August 11, 2014

Shark Week Blog Hop

All teachers know that kids learn more when they’re excited and engaged. Today a team of bloggers have come together to help your students take a BITE out of learning with a theme your students are sure to love!

Slide5
One way I help my students get excited about learning is to constantly change up activities - they love hands-on learning, and I try to make sure that I expose them to all different types of activities.  
I love that we do the Daily 5 at my school.  There are so many inexpensive ideas for Daily 5, and the children are constantly making their own choices, reading, writing, speaking, listening, and working the whole time :) Being given responsibility and choice as to what the students are most interested in, will quickly engage them in the learning!
http://lovetoteach123.blogspot.com/2014/05/5-easy-word-work-ideas-for-daily-5.html


Slide 10.png
My Shark Week freebie is a nonfiction shark fact book.  This includes real life pictures and an ending page for students to reflect about what they read.  I have included 4 pages per 1 sheet of paper to save space and allow for less printing.  This can be used in Daily 5, reading groups, the possibilities are endless.  A lot of my students love learning about sharks too and are very engaged with texts like these. 
I hope that you and your students enjoy this freebie!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Shark-Information-Text-1384182
Click HERE to try it out!

Be sure to go for a swim in the linky party below. Every blog in the Shark Week Blog Hop features a fishy freebie for you and your students- but hurry! Shark Week only lasts until Sunday, August 17th  : )

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I love this and can't wait to use it!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding good informational text, and it is so hard to find for young kids! Thank you so much for your freebie and for linking up with me this week-- you are awesome!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)