Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Monday, October 29, 2012

Motivational Monday

I literally just posted about a half hour ago, but I can't deny a Linky party :) My friend Sara over at Smiling in Second Grade posted a Motivational Monday Linky.. This linky is also provided by The Learning Tree and Classroom Cupcakes who I love too :) I just found Sara's first! But going back to it, who DOESN'T need motivation on Mondays?! They are always so crazy for me and I feel like I am running around with my head cut off have the time trying to organize and get set.
I have many goals for my health, my teaching, and everything else, and I need to just breathe, and conquer them (the health ones will hopefully come with time).
I love to think of teaching as sparking a fire in a child's heart and mind.  Allowing the flame to burn will spark other fires (learnings).  What a beautiful thing!
Ain't that the truth!! I am always coming up with ideas, and I don't always follow my lesson plan.. okay, I RARELY follow it word for word.  I know my students best, and if something works out better or they create a "teaching moment" then hey, I say go for it!
Be YOU! :) You are all such wonderful teachers, and no one teacher (or student) is alike... do YOU the best you can, and always love who you are.  If you make mistakes, pick yourself up, and try again - they are allowed and it is how we become better people.
 
:) You are all special.  Enjoy the rest of your Monday!
 

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love that first quote and Dr. Suess quotes are always great ones. :)

    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up Laura! I love that first quote too!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. A recent favorite of mine, by Frederick Douglass: "It is easier to build strong children than mend broken men."

    So happy to have found you! I'm your newest follower.
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it... and I am so happy you found me because now I am following you :)

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)