Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Friday, May 17, 2013

Five for Friday :)


fiveforfriday
Hi everybody! I am linking up with the wonderful Doodle Bugs and her Five for Friday :]
Here are 5 random things about my week:
 
1. Almost done with science test prep with my kiddos!! I am actually more "relieved" with this part even though I am a new 4th grade teacher AND I am the only one... so I had to make sure that we got all the equipment and resources that we needed (or at least I am pretty sure we needed!)
Here is a picture of our electricity kit today.. we also did one yesterday on simple machines but I didn't take any pictures.  With doing review and taking practice tests, I realize that they are ready and a lot of the questions on previous tests are "common sense" :) Almost done.. 5/22 and 5/23 are the performance testing dates for my kids and 6/3 is the written test.  And then NO MORE TESTING :]
 
2. I went to a place called "The Pottery Place" in Albany, NY with some friends (including K-2 is Splendid!!!) last week and we created these beautiful plates with a scenic background with cute love birds and flowers... here is how mine came out.  I am pretty artistic and creative when it comes to certain things, but wow did I really make that?! :) :) I can't wait to go back.. anyone who has the opportunity to do a painting or pottery or something creative in their area should do it.  It's a lot of fun and I learned a lot about painting!
 
3. Today I was dismissing my students, and one of the students in another class got picked up by someone new today.. wouldn't it happen to be a former student of mine :] So wonderful seeing them so grown up.  I had him in 6th grade, and he is now in 11th grade and looks so happy and tells me he is doing great.  I love students of all ages.. I try and teach them as much as I can and have them enjoy learning - that was always my motto.  Life lessons and engagement.  This is WHY I am a teacher XOXO
Photo: We are in the single digits :( I truly am going to miss my "kids".
 
4. I am in the middle of gathering ideas for my wonderful tutoring students for over the summer.  I am sure I will have a summer math unit of some sort for 4th or 5th grade (or both).. :) Also, just want to give a shout out to Teacher's Notebook... are you a part of it yet? You should be.. they rock! GIVEAWAY COMING SOON. ;)
5. And last but not least, I wanted to tell you about a contest I am in and the voting just started.  Mary Kay is a company that basically wants women to feel beautiful "in their own skin" and be happy to be themselves.  Mary Kay gives different messages but I think it is overall very positive, encouraging, and builds confidence.  I am a part of the Mary Kay Makeover Contest that is going on now... and I really would LOVE your votes.  The grand prize winner (there can be 50 winners throughout the country) win $5,000 for A CHARITY OF CHOICE.  That is HUGE and I could never in my wildest dreams give away that much to charity... what a wonderful, beautiful prize to be able to give back.  There are so many children and families that need that money in my area and to help them out would be better than any prize.
The contestants have entered. Now it’s your chance to help choose the finalists!
Please please please if you have the time or a chance at any time between now and 5/28, please vote for me.  You can vote up to 5 times every 24 hours (no sooner.)  If you vote for 4 days (20 total votes) I will give you anything from my store - big or small.  If you vote 40 times, you can get 2 products from my TPT or TN store!!
Thank you so so much.. all of you are amazing! :]
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are still testing. Wow!
    Enjoy your weekend
    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. June 3rd...June 3rd...can't come soon enough! I voted for you today beautiful but didn't realize I could vote 5x! I will go back!
    LOVE your pottery!! I would never be able to do something like that!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~Just found you via the linky and I am on my way over to vote for you now. I'm your newest follower. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your plate is beautiful!! You are very talented! We finished our testing last week and we are down to 5 days!!! Good luck and I hope it goes quickly!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)