Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer Bucket List Link-Up 2013

Summer is almost here!! Some of my fabulous friends, Miss Kindergarten, A Cupcake for the Teacher, and The Modern Teacher are having their second annual Summer Bucket List Linky :] My last day of school is June 20th, but I am okay with that.. still lots to do and catch up with for the end of the year!

Laura's Summer Bucket List
 
1. Go to Lake George
My honey and I go to Lake George every year whether it be for Great Escape, or outlet shopping, or walking by the lake - but with not having too much money, we just take a local visit 45 minutes north and stay there for a day (or sometimes two.)  We do love to go there to get away, shop, walk around, and eat good food!! The picture below is us last year in Lake George. [We also will attend many fairs and eat bad food as well in the summer]
 
2. Work out, eat better... for real.
I need to get my act together and do better about my health.  I especially need to get into that lifestyle since I will be SUPER busy working 10 hour days... oh yes people, I work more in the summers than I do the rest of the 10 months of the year, so I BETTER HAVE ENERGY and get on that! I need more motivation and to not give up!!
 
3. Create more TPT and TN units
I definitely want to find time in my busy schedule to continue to build on my Teachers Pay Teachers and Teacher's Notebook stores.. with all of your support, it helps me so much.  And I hope I can help all of you out especially for [dare I say it] back to school ;]
 
4. Read 2-3 novels
I don't read enough, let's face it. I don't have time.  But one of my goals this summer is to definitely at least read 2 or 3 books.. let me know if you have any suggestions ;]
 
5. Be more creative
I want to do another fun project like I did at the Pottery Place :] There are many paintings or pottery pieces that are out there, and I plan to make at least one of them this summer!! I know I already showed this on my blog, but I am too proud not to show it again ;] here is my first piece of pottery.. and many more to come!

6. R-e-l-a-x and enjoy myself.
This will be the most difficult task of all.. because I certainly have not done this in many summers.  I am going to try and make time for myself and do things for me... money is important and we need it to live and eat, but I also need to remember to relax and do something for me once in a while. It doesn't have to be work, work, work... I am 27 years old and I need to remember to live my life and not work 12 hour days, 7 days a week.
Me and my Zoey

I hope you all can link up.. I can't wait to read your summer bucket list! XOXO
 

5 comments:

  1. You dog is so cute...my hubs wants a pug. Glad I found ya!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I enjoyed reading your bucket list!

    MrsMc from Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get out until June 20th either!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I can't wait to relax!!! Love your list! Thanks for linking up sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that we are on the same schedule:) Every one of your items could be on my bucket list too with the exception of #1 (although I have always wanted to visit Lake George!). Love you girlie!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pottery, and Lake George looks beautiful! I love little getaways like that.

    I'm eating a little better lately... I'm using an app/ website called MyFitnessPal to track what I eat and just tracking it alone has really helped me be a little more accountable and balance my bad eating with some better eating :) If you join, you can add friends (I'm luckeyfrog) ad they can see your progress (but not your weight) and you can help encourage each other! You look great to me, but if you end up joining, let me know!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)