Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Science, math, and more!

It has been SO long since I have last blogged it seems... I have been very, very busy with state testing and planning fun activities for my kids the rest of the year.  Since I teach 4th grade, I still have science left, but I am still doing lots of review with that!
My science test prep cards have been a big seller (which I am SO happy with and the kind feedback!) Click HERE to check them out!
I have also been busily working on a 4th grade matter unit! I tried to be as detailed as possible in the TPT and TN descriptions but it is basically a unit introducing matter and vocabulary like weight, buoyancy, density, mass, area, volume, solids, liquids, gases, the metric system, and more!  It can be found on TPT and TN! :) Hope you can check it out!



I also wanted to share a few things that have been happening in my classroom.  We definitely did a lot of review and fun math games for the math state tests... one of my kids favorite activities was "Math Jeopardy" and practicing math on the white boards!

We also did fun projects with fractions... like this adorable freebie from Felisa Williams!  She has wonderful math products that my kids and I thoroughly enjoy!
 
I am looking for more ideas for writing projects... writing is something I want to definitely keep up with my kids throughout the remainder of the year.  I was in touch with my second grade teacher (and also my piano teacher) and she told me about an assignment I believe I did when I was in second grade... I asked for writing suggestions and the wonderful lady she is (following my facebook page and all!) she came up with this:
"Idea: Have the kids trace each other's feet on paper....then write a story about where their feet took them at one special time!!!"
 
So that is exactly what we did! With my own little spin on it... I think for next time I can even do two feet, and have them do a picture in the middle or something.  But they had fun doing this and were excited to tell me about where their feet took them!
 
Thank you so much for reading my post.. all of you are amazing and I appreciate every bit of advice, compliment, everything! For reading the entire post, I shall do a giveaway ;] Who would like to win my 4th Grade Matter Unit?? I will choose the first THREE (and the first three only so try to be quick!) lovely people that comment with their e-mail address on this blog post! Thank you!!!
 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sweet Laura - did you ever consider self-publishing as part of your writing program? Best thing I've ever done - SO motivating! I want everyone to experience how fun it is when the books arrive!
    <3 Susanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest... and yes, I ordered one and I don't know if it's too late to do it now :( Ugh.. I wish there was more time in the day!

      Delete
  2. This looks fabulous!! You are so talented! :)
    Ashleybowlesreed@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley!! Being sent your way!! :) :)

      Delete
  3. These are some great ideas. Your matter unit looks fabulous.

    Charlene/Diamond Mom
    charlene.sequeira2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene!! You got it! Just got home, and I am sending it now! :) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Love the unit! :) efpainter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "Matter" unit sounds fantastic. I'm really getting more excited about teaching science the last few years! kganon@sanjuan.edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the confusion with the "anonymous postings" I had NO idea my settings were that :) Thank you for commenting and I am submitting it now!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)